Robert Borges teaches the kids how hard it really is to take a punch.
Hair pulls, head butts and groin kicks were all in the lesson; but nobody got hurt.
See more of Robert in action HERE
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre’s Education and Outreach department offers some great programming.
One kid came all the way from Flin Flon!
THEATRE PERSPECTIVES FOR STUDENTS
click HERE for the website
“Backstage Pass allows selected grade 11 and 12 students to take an in depth look at theatre. Each session starts at 10:00am with a workshop tailored to our current Mainstage production and led by a leading member of Manitoba’s professional theatre community. Past topics have included auditioning, stage combat, dialects, set design, playwriting and more! After lunch, students attend the matinee performance in the John Hirsch Theatre. The day concludes after our post-show Talkback(approximately 4:45pm).”
- Grumpy Old Men: The Musical – Wednesday, October 26, 2011
- Romeo and Juliet – Wednesday, December 7, 2011
- Shirley Valentine – Wednesday, January 18, 2012
- The Fighting Days – Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- God of Carnage – Wednesday, April 4, 2012
- Next to Normal – Wednesday, May 2, 2012